Friday, February 5, 2010

Pig Fest 2010...

This past weekend we were...
Ok, so I don't drink...
but I do enjoy some Whiskey Bent BBQ each year...
The Smoke Shack never disappoints...
Only in Polk County...
Don't know who this guy is...
but that chicken looked &
smelled delicious...
Not in a million years...

New on my list of favorites...
These guys were a trip & their pulled pork & sauce...
were so delicious!
I'm picking up sauce when I go to Atlanta in June...
Yum!

The kiddos...
Concentrating on the Win...
Could it be...
I think it might be...
Courtney & her friends...
Getting some lemonade...
Logan...
putting down a man size plate of ribs...
It is... it is... Myron Mixon...
seen on the TLC show Pitmasters...

We like to watch him on Pitmasters, but really like him now... the guy just oozes good-time personality & professionalism. He was cool about taking a picture with us & others.


I told him "if you want a real chic to compete against instead of Lee Ann you just call me." He just chuckled!


I had high hopes for her when they aired the preview... but she's really just a whiner & way out of her league {along with Paul Petersen}.


I could out BBQ her, on any given day, in pearls & peep-toe shoes, in my favorite blue jeans... with a baby on my hip {of course... I would have to borrow one... a baby that is}!


Love the show!

Our fabulous neighbor & his oldest...
Mr. Murphy & David...
Back around to Pink Butts BBQ...
where Curtis is cooking corn...
in a t-shirt...
that has a considerable amount of pink on it...
for the "mans man"...
Curtis' Uncle Danny...
Cousin Amanda & her hubby Frank...
Curtis' mom & step-dad with Logan...
a.k.a... "meme & papa"...
That baby loves his daddy...
The Hog Whisperer...
Pot Belly Pig...


Newest addition to the Pig Fest tradition...
at least we hope they will continue to come out each year...
my director, his wife & their little guy...
I'm pretty sure he'll be ready for a rib next year...
Last, but never least...
thank you Lonnie at Bubba Grills...
for bringing me sauce...
and, the baked potatoes stuffed with pork...
were the best!

1 comment:

  1. Country Folks and Food...couldn't be a better combination!!! :o)

    Very jealous...haven't eaten all day trying to keep up with the new store.

    Did you save us any left-overs??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...